[Tc20-sc13] CCSDS meetings in fall of 2010

Allan, PM (Peter) peter.allan at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 30 08:07:57 UTC 2009

Colleagues,

I know the fall of 2010 is still a long way off, but I am trying to
break the habit of a lifetime and get organised well in advance

I have made a provisional booking of rooms at the British Standards
Institute building to the west of London for the weeks of 25-29 October
(technical working groups) and 1-5 November (CESG/CMC/SC13 and possibly
IOAG).

For the first week, I have booked all of their small meeting rooms.

There are 13 small rooms, holding the following number of people; 12, 8,
14, 10, 20,12, 8, 22,12, 20, 24,14, 20.

I have also booked one of their large meeting rooms, which holds 80
people, for Monday morning and Friday afternoon for plenary meetings. We
could get the large room at other times if it was needed if we book
early enough.

For the second week, I have booked a room that holds 20 people for the
whole week plus another 20 person room for the Monday for parallel
meetings of CESG and CMC/SC13.

Please let me know if these rooms are inadequate in terms of capacity. I
have booked almost all the rooms that BSI has available and if there is
a serious problem then we would need to look for a different venue.

I have chosen the BSI venue as it is in London (which seemed popular
with those who asked me about location in Colorado Springs) and they are
well served with meeting rooms. If there was a demand, we could hold the
meetings in the second week at RAL, which is in the Oxfordshire
countryside and is about 15 miles south of Oxford. I am only suggesting
this to provide a change of scene. The BSI location will be perfectly
adequate for the second week too.

The journey from BSI to the Oxford area is about an hour by car and
slightly longer if using underground+train (Paddington to Didcot or
Oxford).

One slight problem is that the BSI offices are not available at the
weekend, but small weekend meetings could be held in hotels, or at RAL
if we held the second week there.

The BSI offices are in Chiswick, immediately next to the Gunnersbury
underground station. There are some hotels in the vicinity (one is
directly across the road) or you may prefer to stay more centrally in
London and take the underground to Gunnersbury. The underground takes
15-20 minutes; more if you need to change lines.

ACTIONS:
Please say if you think the room availability at BSI is inadequate for
the first week.

Please say if you would prefer the second week to be held at RAL. The
default location is the BSI offices in London.

There is no urgency to decide on the location of the second week, but it
would be good to settle it at the fall 2009 meeting if we have not done
so before.

See you all in Noordwijk.

Peter
Dr. Peter M. Allan
Head, Space Data Division
Space Science and Technology Department
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
England
e-mail: peter.allan at stfc.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (1235) 445723     fax: +44 (1235) 446667

--
Scanned by iCritical.