[Sois-tcons] Device Enumeration Services

Stuart Fowell Stuart.Fowell at scisys.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 14:18:37 EST 2006

Dear all,

I'm just kicking off an activity to look at defining the requirements
and candidate technologies for the CCSDS SOIS Device Enumeration
Service, leading to the writing of a White Book (a.k.a. Concept paper).

This is defined in the SOIS Green Book as:

"providing support for dynamic spacecraft configuration."

"The device enumeration service is intended to be used in support of
future plug-and-play applications".

So as a starting point, I am conducting a survey of agency/industry
requirements and any candidate technologies anyone would care to
suggest. I aim to present the finding of the survey at the next SOIS
meeting in Colorado Springs in January so I would appreciate it if any
free to distribute this request to any other parties you may believe
would be interested in this.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart D. Fowell BEng MBCS

Distributed, Real-Time, Embedded (DRE) Consultant

SciSys Ltd

Clothier Road

Bristol

BS4 5SS