[Sois-tcons] Intra-Network RB comments

Dai Stanton ADStanton at space.qinetiq.com
Tue Nov 8 09:42:52 EST 2005

Hopefully this will be read by some before the Telecon.

In general, the RB looks in good shape. My only query is with regard to the old chestnut about conflicts between sequence preservation, prioritisation and chnnelisations. The following statements, I believe, need to be added:

   Sequence preservation for the assured service can only be provided amongst SDUs of the same priority.

   Sequence preservation for the reserved service can only be provided amonst SDUs sharing the same priority and channel

   Sequence preservation for the guranteed service can only be provided amonst SDUs sharing the same priority and channel

Do we really need both channel and priority in the reserved and guranteed service?

Other minor quibbles are the use of the word "Applications" in the overlying layer in Fig 2-1 and the statement in e.g. the Assured Service Overview that delivery is "ensured through retry and redundancy mechanisms". Mechanisms are not the concern of a service spec.

Dai

The information contained in this email and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). For those other than the intended
recipient(s) any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such
information is prohibited and may be unlawful.