[Sois-tcons] On SOIS Green Book - again

Abhijit Sengupta Abhijit.Sengupta at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 4 18:30:07 EST 2005

Hi Folks:

According to the action items that we agreed upon at Toulouse, the final
draft was supposed to be completed by February end. I know I am running
late - primarily because of two reasons:
(1) The reference model - going through a series of discussions -
significant disagreements on what appears on the latest version of the
green book
(2) Plug-n-play service - where does it belong

I do not think these issues are going to be settled soon (by soon I mean in
a week or so) - in fact, I highly suspect that these issues are unlikely to
be settled before the Spring Meeting. So, I am suggesting that I complete
the final draft by next friday using whatever we have got so far and pass
for review. Once these issues get settled, if the settlement implies a
major change, an update will be created. Note that this is Green Book
giving concepts and rationale, not great details of implementation or
recoommendation.

Any objection to this strategy be voiced immediately.

Abhijit Sengupta