[Sois-tcons] Re: TCONS ......

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 11 12:59:40 EDT 2004

At 05:29 AM 10/6/2004, Massimiliano.Ciccone at esa.int wrote:
>this is to inform you that I 've set up a temporary SOIS forum where we
>and other registered Wg members 'might' post all our technical discussions
>in a clear and organized way. Of course, I say might because I first would
>like to know your opinion on the use of such a service. (probably there
>are some legitimacy issues I am not aware of...Adrian ?)

Max: many thanks for taking the initiative in getting the SOIS discussions
moving. However, I don't quite understand why you chose to use the third
party web site www.proboards.com rather than just using the existing CCSDS
mailing list at
sois-tcons at mailman.ccsds.org ? What extra services are provided by the
proboards forum that aren't available by using the archived CCSDS mailing list?

On another subject, I have to say that I am really disappointed that the
SOIS Area is almost totally invisible to the outside world. Other than if
you go to http://www.ccsds.org/about/organization.html and click the SOIS
Area on the picture (which gives you Patrick's e-mail address) I cannot
find a single document related to SOIS on the CCSDS website. If you Google
"CCSDS SOIF" you find the old P1K website at
ftp://ftp.estec.esa.nl/pub/ws/wsd/ccsds/ccsdsoif/index.htm, but it hasn't
been updated in more than 18-months.

The SOIS work is really important and needs to be very visible to the
community. Would it be possible perhaps to resurrect the old CCSDS SOIF
website and put some current information and documents on it?

Best regards
Adrian