[Sois-tcons] TCONS Telecon and more...

Massimiliano.Ciccone at esa.int Massimiliano.Ciccone at esa.int
Wed Oct 6 08:29:15 EDT 2004

Dear TCONS,
this is to inform you that I 've set up a temporary SOIS forum where we and
other registered Wg members 'might' post all our technical discussions in a
clear and organized way.
Of course, I say might because I first would like to know your opinion on the
use of such a service. (probably there are some legitimacy issues I am not
aware of...Adrian ?)
This is a 'free' forum service hosted on a third party web site named
www.proboards.com
The forum is open to members only and I'll send you an invitation shortly, so
you can enter and modify your profile as you like. Note that you cannot see
all the categories of the forum unless you login as a member. All an
anonymous guest can see is the General board .
This can be a possible temporary solution waiting for the new CCSDS web site
to be developed.
I believe the use of forum like discussion will drammatically improve the
collaboration and visibility between WGs as well as simplify the work of each
SOIS WG per se.
Note that the forum shall be used "ONLY" for posting discussions on SOIS and
not for sharing documents (we already have DOCUSHARE for that).

Please let me know what you think and if you would like to receive an
invitation to enter the forum for a little 'tour'.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Bye

Max

PS: What tome should we have the TCONS teleconf since there is a plenary one
for 'SOIS activities status and preparation of the Fall meeting' scheduled
for tomorrow Thursday 7 October starting at 17.30 European time?

SW Engineer
Computers & Data Systems Section
VITROCISET - 2200 AG Noordwijk The Netherlands
ESTEC - ESA (TEC- EDD)
e-mail: Massimiliano.Ciccone at ESA.int              \|/
Ph: +31-71-5655310                                               @ @