[Sois-tcoa] Re: Time Distribution

Jane K. Marquart Jane.K.Marquart at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 1 12:48:25 EST 2005

Hi Keith,

Please bear with me while I ask what may be dumb questions.....   In the
"primitive" world, how does one derive the format of the time, i.e. UTC,
TAI, etc?  Is this outside the scope of a primitive?   (Sorry Chris, some
of us can only handle abstractions to a certain degree :<)  The reason I
ask is that we developed a generic time service that we use with our core
software.  Although the format is not a parameter in the API, it was still
necessary to have it defined somewhere so that each application didn't have
to do the conversions.  So in the abstract world, it would seem to me that
format has the same kind of place as accuracy.

Enlightenment on the subject is appreciated!
Jane