[Sois-sig1] Draft agenda for the SEA/SOIS SIG meeting

Takahiro Yamada tyamada@pub.isas.ac.jp
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 19:07:51 +0900

Dear sig1 members,

The following is a proposed agenda for the SEA/SOIS SIG meeting
scheduled for 29 October at SPARTA. Please let me know if you have any
comments and/or suggestions.

For logistic information, please visit

http://www.ccsds.org/meeting/2003fall/

If you plan to attend, please register using the meeting registration
form available on the above web page.

===== Joint SEA/SOIS Special Interest Group Meeting =====

Date: 29 October 2003

Place: SPARTA, Columbia, MD, USA

0900 Introduction
0915 Approval of Agenda

0930 Identification of Requirements

(It is important that all of us have the same understanding on the
requirements for onboard communications and protocols. Therefore, we
should review and discuss requirements in the following categories.)

      - Onboard time critical services
      - Onboard transport services
      - Onboard network services
      - Onboard bus services
      - Off-board internetworking services
      - End-to-end internetworking services

1200 Lunch

1300 Evaluation of Candidate Protocols

(Based on the identified requirements, we should evaluate candidate
protocols to see how they meet the requirements. We may discover areas
where no existing protocols meet the requirements. In the latter case,
we should formulate requirements for new protocols.)

      - TCP/IP
      - SCPS-TP/SCPS-NP
      - SpaceWire
      - Thin Transport/Network Protocols
      - Others

1500 Synthesis of a network architecture

(Based on the results of protocol evaluation, we should synthesize an
architecture to show how the protocols are to be used in space
missions. This architecture should be based on the Open Systems
Interconnection Basic Reference Model (OSI-BRM) but we may need to add
some things to them to accommodate special protocol configurations we
need.)

1630 Summary
1700 Adjourn

I will distribute a preliminary material for the meeting by the end of
the week so that you can agree, disagree or make counter-proposals at
the meeting (or before the meeting).

I look forward to a productive meeting.

Best regards,
Takahiro Yamada, JAXA/ISAS.