[Sois-sig1] (Cross-Area) Special Interest Group #1

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke@jpl.nasa.gov
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:01:56 -0700

CESG members:

For the past couple of weeks there has been an interesting and sometimes
convoluted e-mail side-bar discussion (on a private e-mail distribution)
about the end-to-end implications of some of the Spacecraft Onboard
Interface Services work. It has become apparent that these discussions
cross the SOIS, SIS and MOIMS Areas and touch upon SLS and CSS, so it has
been suggested that we should aim towards a cross-Area workshop on these
subjects in the timeframe of the Fall 2003 meetings. I believe that Peter
Shames has volunteered to organize an appropriate forum under the SEA umbrella.

However, what I'd like to do before a face-to-face meeting is to get these
discussions captured on an open, archived list so that the issues can be
framed, understood and developed by a wider community, which people can
join and leave as needed. Accordingly, the Secretariat has kindly set up a
cross-Area "Special Interest Group" mailing list so that (rather than
saturating everybody by copying multiple existing lists) the specialized
discussions can be confined just to the people who are interested.

You can join or leave "Sois-sig1" (SOIS Special Interest Group 1) by going to:

I have posted a rough edited summary/chronology of the prior discussions to
that list, which you can view by going to the list archive at:

http://mailman.ccsds.org/pipermail/sois-sig1/2003-August/thread.html

You are encouraged to join or leave the Special Interest Group list
according to your interests, or to invite others to do the same. If you
want to contribute to the discussions, just join the list and e-mail your
comments to:

sois-sig1@mailman.ccsds.org

Best regards
Adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
Interplanetary Network Directorate
M/S 303-400, 4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099, USA