[Sois-sdr] Welcome!

Foore, Larry R. (GRC-RHD0) lawrence.r.foore at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 20 14:18:23 EDT 2010

Welcome!
Currently, the objective of this mailing list is to estimate multi-Agency, international interest in addressing  software-defined radios, their usage, and nomenclature within CCSDS.

If it is determined by mid-September that there is sufficient interest, a face-to-face meeting will be held at the Fall CCSDS meeting in London to discuss  the objectives and scope for the BOF group.

Subscribing to and participating in discussions within this mailing list will help to encourage further discussions within the CCSDS.  Please encourage colleagues to subscribe who may be interested.

Shortly, I’d like to begin a discussion of how appropriate it may or may not be to address SDRs within CCSDS.  This discussion should not assume any architectures, standards, or prior work.  If we are to move forward, we should be able to clearly articulate the objectives and bounds of this group within the organization and products of the CCSDS.  Another acceptable answer is that the group decides there are more appropriate venues for this type of work.

I look forward to the discussions!  Multi-Agency participation is highly encourage.  Please reach out to your worldwide colleagues and forward this email as necessary.

Kindest regards,
Larry