[Sois-opp] FW: Draft SOIS Application Support Service WG Agenda for London

Stuart Fowell Stuart.Fowell at scisys.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 11:20:02 EDT 2010

25th - 29th October, in case you ask

________________________________

From: Stuart Fowell
Sent: 13 September 2010 17:09
To: 'sois-app at mailman.ccsds.org'
Cc: 'sois at mailman.ccsds.org'
Subject: Draft SOIS Application Support Service WG Agenda for London

Dear SOISers,

Here is the suggested agenda for the upcoming London meeting. If you
have any comments (e.g. clashes with other WG meetings), shout now!

Monday - Plenary & Review day. Review of all application support
services books and their status. This will require particular focus on
the comments received from CESG on MTS red and TAS magenta books. Also
wrapping up FPSS. Outcomes: revised and agreed books for
(re-)submission.

Tuesday - PnP Architecture day. Adding more detail to the broad-brush
architecture we agreed on last time. Determining the role of DES (and
DDS) in PnP and how it relates to the CDAS (DVS/DDPS/DAS). Outcomes:
Updated architecture with more detail in both diagrammatic and text
form. Perhaps should be considered for the Green Book.

Wednesday - EDS day. Building on an agreed vision of the overall
architecture from Tuesday, work towards a specific agreed concept for
EDS use in SOIS, aiming to produce a concept paper. Agree motivation for
the use of EDS, requirements for EDS and the way forward in more detail.
SciSys have been conducting a "first-pass" study on EDS-use for SOIS and
can kick off with a presentation. Outcomes: steps towards a concept
paper: documented motivation, requirements and work plan.

Thursday - Documentation day. It is our feeling that there is a lot to
discuss on Tuesday/Wednesday and we hope to at least reach agreement on
concepts. At the moment then, we are suggesting to reserve Thursday for
turning agreed concepts into real text and diagrams to provide tangible

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend - my colleague Peter Mendham
will be taking my place and leading on the plug-and-play aspects.

Regards,

Stuart D. Fowell BEng MBCS
Distributed, Real-Time Embedded (DRE) Consultant
SciSys UK Ltd
Clothier Road
Bristol
BS4 5SS
UK

Tel: +44 (0)117 916 5165
Mob: +44 (0)7715 750 255
Fax: +44 (0)117 916 5299
Email: stuart.fowell at scisys.co.uk
Website: www.scisys.co.uk <http://www.scisys.co.uk/>

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose this communication to others.  E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. SciSys UK Limited therefore does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise
as a result of e-mail transmission.  Whilst SciSys UK Limited  take
reasonable precautions to minimise risk, you must carry out your own
virus checks before opening attachments or reading e-mails and SciSys UK
Ltd does not accept liability for any damage or loss in this respect.
Contracts cannot be concluded with SciSys UK Limited by email.

SciSys UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 4373530.
Registered Office: Methuen Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 0GB, UK.

Before printing, please think about the environment.