[Sois-opp] Next CCSDS SOIS PnP Telecon (17 June 2008 @ 11:00am EDT[GMT-5])

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 18 00:58:42 EDT 2008

Hi.  At this morning's telecon we talked a little about the possible applicability of the CCSDS Asynchronous Message Service (AMS) to Device Service Discovery in SOIS Plug-and-Play.  For those who would like to learn a bit more about AMS, the second rev of the AMS Red Book can be freely downloaded from the CCSDS web site at http://cwe.ccsds.org/sis/docs/SIS-AMS/Draft%20Documents/Specification/735x1r2.pdf.  The last 80 pages or so of this book are probably too detailed to interest anyone other than an implementor, but the earlier sections give a fairly comprehensive overview of what the protocols are designed to accomplish.  I'd be glad to answer any questions anyone has on points that need more explanation.

Scott