[cssm] Proposed experiment for our first post-Spring meeting teleconference

Barkley, Erik J (US 3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun May 5 14:05:48 UTC 2024

CSSM Colleagues,

I'd like to try an experiment for our next CSSM teleconference - automated transcript generation.  I have participated in in other such meetings where an automated transcript was generated and found that it captures the meeting fairly well and is useful for quickly getting up to speed for a meeting in which I was unable to participate but was interested in learning how it proceeded. To do such an experiment will require that the meeting is recorded. So please let me know if you would rather we continue with the traditional approach. But I believe that the transcript, if we do the experiment, should prove to be useful and will certainly allow for a  written transcript  of the meeting to be generated quickly after the meeting is concluded. My intention is that the recording is deleted as soon as the written transcript is available. Alternatively we would have the option of a real-time transcript generation (similar to closed captioning) but my understanding is that due to the real-time constraint the accuracy is not as good compared to transcript generation from the recorded audio.