[cssm] Small question to WG

Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de
Wed Mar 1 11:19:34 UTC 2023

Dear all,

DISCLEIMER: itโ€™s not a initiation of any changes in any standards, but rather a question to smart community ๐Ÿ˜Š

When working on implementation at DLR, one of my colleagues asked me, why our time code definition in schema allows any number ranges (i.e. for the DOY section everything between 000 and 999 is allowed)? Is it just to be handled by implementation (to watch out for DOY being between 001 and 365 or 366)? Any other thoughts?

            <xsd:simpleType name="CcsdsAsciiTimeCodeBType">
                        <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
                                    <xsd:pattern value="\d{4}-\d{3}T\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}(.(\d)+)?Z?"/>
                        </xsd:restriction>
            </xsd:simpleType>

Cheers
Marcin