[cssm] Review comments on the SMURF

Martin.Unal at esa.int Martin.Unal at esa.int
Tue Feb 22 10:56:44 UTC 2022

Hello

I have implemented SMURF w0.19 generation on our system (EMSP) limited to
booking request, replace and delete, and validated them against the xsd.

Here are my findings

Syntax:

1) srvPkgRef is attribute for replaceSrvPkg, and element for deleteSrvPkg.
Any reason why ?
It has also different upper/lower case for the first S  : srvPkgRef is
attribute for replace, and  (S upercase SrvPkgRef), element for delete.

2) I can see
newOnlineSrvPkgReq
replaceOnlineSrvPkgReq

But no deleteOnlineSrvPkgReq. Shall we use deleteSrvPkg instead ?

3) What about replaceOnlineSrvPkgReq vs replaceSrvPkg ?
May be an answer to point 2). I was not able to implement
replaceOnlineSrvPkgReq. I din't find how to incorporate new times
parameters in a way which validates against the xsd.
I have use replaceSrvPkg instead.

XSD

SANA xsd import via hmtl link doesn't work for me. I had to download the
file onto my system and edit the xsd to remove the html link.
e.g.
<xsd:include schemaLocation="
https://sanaregistry.org/r/ndmxml_qualified/ndmxml-2.0.0-master-2.0.xsd"/>
can not be found

Looking at the example provided

Contains absolute times. It needs to be updated for each support, and in
case the support track times are modified, it becomes invalid.
Time should be offset relative to the of start/end of the service package.

Anyway, Absolute Time format shall be Time format B instead of

<startTime>
     <year value="2020"/>
     <dayOfYear value="184"/>
     <hourOfDay value="11"/>
     <minuteOfHour value="20"/>
     <secondOfMinute value="30"/>

</startTime>

Philosophical:
Unnecessary verbose and complex.But I suppose this is CCSDS trademark.

So many options will never be implemented by any single network.

The approach of keeping items to accomodate very specific needs will
result in a non-standard usage of the standard.
Each network will implement its own concept in the background.

I have a strong preference to standardise only concept currently supported
by ALL network (or at least a majority). Everything else shall be covered
by "extended parameters".
But as time is running short, I will not object to go for agency review
with the current version.

I now it has been agreed that preferredDuration is now an unsignedInt
instead of a ISO duration, but I still have a bad feeling of going away
from existing standard.

Regards
Martin UNAL
Ground Operation Manager