[cssm] CSTS instance configuration

Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int
Wed Mar 17 10:13:42 UTC 2021

Dear Erik,
We are currently defining a kind of SICF format to configure the CSTS
Monitored Data Service instances, of course in the absence of official
CSSM means ;-)

My understanding is that you need specific configuration for each type of
CSTS service, so Monitored Data may need some configuration about agreed
monitored parameter and event OIDs, Forward Frame (CESG approval may take
a couple of years?) about TC VCs, coding and so on and so forth.

What we see as problematic is the use of machine readable OIDs - that is
why we have included in our CSTS SICF approach a kind of translation
section from OIDs to names, to be able to have something human readable
and writable (config, log messages, displays).

I attach a draft of our XML definition for CSTS MD - not ideal, but
oriented towards practical needs (human readability and mapping of OIDs to
current parameter IDs), see <OIDMappings> at the bottom. Clearly, that is
not ideal. Our justification is that we generate 'OID mappings to human
readable' from a central place (SANA in the future?).

Best regards,
Holger