[cssm] Use of SICF in service managemnt

Martin.Unal at esa.int Martin.Unal at esa.int
Wed Feb 24 09:58:25 UTC 2021

Hello

Recent  ESA missions use multiple instances per file, and individual files
per functional group.
Individual instance covers for various combination of service
(Timely/Complete) for each VC. Complemented by cltu and offline as needed.
The functional group is used to differentiate different band (e.g. X/KA)
or mode (e.g. Safe vs nominal)
e.g. JUICE
FG1     13 SIs
FG2     6 Sis
FG3     12 Sis
FG4     6 Sis

This means 4 files for each SLE providers.
Just for ESTRACK, 3 stations with prime+backup = 24 files for a total of
222 SIs.

CFDP makes the picture a bit more complex as we have CFDP provider at the
station which also connect to the SLE providers with their own SIs.
We have no fsp usage so far. But on paper it allows more complex scenario.

However, the usage is quite simple in term of support request. (at least
for ESTRACK)
Our tailoring defines a high level support type which refer to an agreed
configuration.
Most mission have only one, the most complex has 5.
e.g.
TTC_1,          X/X
TTC_2           S/X (MEX)
DDOR_1  X
DDOR_2  Ka (Bepi)

SICF are loaded as required by the support type.
On top of the support type, some parameters can be used to specify TM/TC
rate or the DDOR sequence. But this as no influence on the SICF usage.

In summary, internally to ESTRACK, the "service type" string is sufficient
to refers to all SICF needed for the support.

Regards
Martin UNAL
Ground Operation Manager
Ground Facilities Ops HSO - ONO