[cssm] Fw: DDOR configuration template

Martin.Unal at esa.int Martin.Unal at esa.int
Tue May 26 14:49:00 UTC 2020

Hello

Quick answers to your comment.

1) DDOR patterns used operationally ALL follow that pattern:
Start = BOT + time to execute any previous scan + fixed time margin to
point to the next target.
End =   BOT + time to execute any previous scan + fixed time margin to
point to the next target. + duration of the scan.

I can not remember anything else since ESTRACK has started providing DDOR
services for multiple agency. This pattern is a de-facto standard.

If someday, someone as the very unusual need to have target with odd
absolute time computation, he just need to send multiple single target
request. Mentioning absolute time (computed from the formula above). In
the past, request template was written with absolute time, with the only
result of producing copy/paste/manual editing incoherency with no added
value.

What matter for DDOR is that all stations start/end at the same time.
Absolute time is the outcome of the process, not an input.

Their is no outgoing station for DDOR. DDOR is DL only.

2) The receiver_2 refers to the on board receiver. This information drives
the which DL frequency and DDOR tones that will be used for that support.
I agree that to be more generic, the element <receiver> could be rename to
something more neutral. e.g <configuration>
It is safe to assume that most satellites will have more than one
transponder and/or DDOR tones options.

3) I assume that the SMURF already specify the aperture(s) requested.
My draft cover only the information which are needed to specify a DDOR
support within a SMURF.

Regards
Martin UNAL
Ground Operation Manager