[cssm] [EXTERNAL] Re: Fw: DDOR configuration template

Barkley, Erik J (US 3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 16 22:02:34 UTC 2020

Hello Marcin,

Here are some quick responses as to how I think this likely fits within the service management.

I see the DOR tones as being part of the configuration profile.

I see the DOR tones on/off times as part of the event sequence (which references the configuration profile). Also, from local conversation, it appears that name of the raw observation files matters for processing by the correlators.  That could also go in the configuration profile.

I see the scan pattern as being part of the SMURF -- a question I have here is whether or not the scan pattern can be template-a-sized such that it is always referred to by some sort of identifier. My sense from the DSN side is that this is not the case as the quasar(s) being utilized very depending upon the mission trajectory etc. I think it will be interesting to discuss further on this at the teleconference tomorrow if you're available.