[Smwg] SANA Registry Updates.

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Thu Nov 7 17:37:25 UTC 2019

Hi Peter,
                  okay I'm going to be responsible for coordinating the
updates for the ESA entries in the SANA registry. Is there any
documentation on the underlying database design ? As far as I can figure
out the main relations (ignoring Operator and Owner etc.) for the Sites
Service and Apertures registry is with the Aperture and Aperture Link
registry, similarly for the Spacecraft ID the main relation would appear
to be with Spacecraft.

Also with respect to the Contact registry for the ESA entries at least
there are names that go way back in history and are long retired. Can
these be removed from the registry or are they required to maintain
consistency ? If they are required for consistency what would be the
appropriate status to use to indicate that these contacts are no longer
valid ?

Couple of other points that have come up during our initial discussions -

On the spacecraft registry there is an alias field. This would also be
useful on the Aperture Registry - could be used to handle things like DSN
giving DSN station identifiers to ESA stations etc.
One of the guys I'm working with (John Reynolds) is also involved with the
IOAG Spacecraft Emergency W/G. He's told me that IOAG are considering
setting up their own registry for use in that context as they've currently
not found the CCSDS SSA very useful (not to mention out of date). We've
had a quick look at the information contained in the various SSA related
registries and think that pretty much all of the needed data is there (or
at least will be once the registry is updated). Possibly what would be
needed is some sort of query that pulls this together into a more useful
format ?

Once we've got a bit further with reviewing and updating the data I'll
maybe organise a WebEx with you (and possibly the SANA operator) to disuss
any changes (such as the above 2) that we think would be useful.

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,
HSO-GI, European Space Agency,