[cssm] Proposal for updates Schema naming convention

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Wed Dec 11 10:53:05 UTC 2019

Dear all,
                 as a result of the telecon yesterday (10th Dec), I've had
a think about the schema naming convention and have come up with the
following proposal.

Below is the suggested abbreviation for the Book Titles to be used in the
schema names;

902x01  Simple Schedule - SimSchd
902x02  Comunications Planning Information Formats - ComsPlnInfo
902x04  Service Package Data Formats -                          SrvPkg
902x05  Service Agreement and Configuration Profile Data Formats -
SrvAgrConfPrfl
902x06  Space Link Event Sequence Data Format - EvntSeq
902x07  Service Catalog - SrvCat
902x08  Service Accounting - SrvAcnt
902x09  Service Management Utilization Request Formats - Smurf
902x10  Management Services -                                   MgtSrv
902x11  Best Practises BstPrac (although I don't think we'll need it wrt a
schema...)
902x12  Cross Support Service Managment - Common Data Entities - SmCmnEnt
902x13  Abstract Event Definition - AbsEvnt

Based on the use of these abbreviations the existing schema names would
become

Book 902x01
902x01b1p1-SchemaCssmSimpleSchedule.xsd                         ->
902x01b1p1-SimSchd.xsd

Book 902x02
902x02r1-SchemaCssmPlanningInformationFormats.xsd  ->
902x02r1-ComsPlnInfo.xsd

Book 902x04
902x04w0_00-SchemaCssmServicePackageDataFormats.xsd                     ->
902x04w0_00-SrvPkg.xsd

Book 902x05
902x05w0_00-SchemaCssmServiceAgreementAndConfigurationProfileDataFormats.xsd
                        -> 902x05w0_00-SrvAgrConfPrfl.xsd

Book 902x06
902x06w0_00-SchemaCssmSpaceLinkEventSequenceDataFormat.xsd  ->
902x06w0_00-EvntSeqt.xsd

Book 902x09
902x09w0_09.02-SchemaCssmServiceManagementUtilizationRequestFormats.xsd
-> 902x09w0_09.02-Smurf.xsd
902x09w0_09.02-SchemaCssmServiceManagementUtilizationRequestFormats-BasicConstraints.xsd
        -> 902x09w0_09.02-Smurf-BasicCons.xsd
902x09w0_09.02-SchemaCssmServiceManagementUtilizationRequestFormats-EnhancedConstraints.xsd
        -> 902x09w0_09.02-Smurf-EnhancedCons.xsd
902x09w0_09.02-SchemaCssmServiceManagementUtilizationRequestFormats-TrajectoryData.xsd
        -> 902x09w0_09.02-Smurf-TrajData.xsd

Book 902x12
902x12m1-SchemaCssmSmAbstractEvent.xsd                  ->
902x12m1-SmCmnEnt-AbsEvnt.xsd
902x12m1-SchemaCssmSmCommonClasses.xsd          ->
902x12m1-SmCmnEnt-CmnClss.xsd
902x12m1-SchemaCssmSmInfoEntityHeader.xsd                       ->
902x12m1-SmCmnEnt-InfEntHdr.xsd

Book 902x13
902x13m1-SchemaAbstractEvent.xsd                                ->
902x13m1-AbsEvnt.xsd
902x13m1-SchemaAbstractParameter.xsd                    ->
902x13m1-AbsEvnt-AbsParm.xsd
902x13m1-SchemaCcsdsTimecodes.xsd                       ->
902x13m1-AbsEvnt-TimCde.xsd

To me this appesr to satisfy the desire to shorten the names without
resorting to the use of TLAs or XTLAs.

If this is acceptable I would also apply it to the names of the UML model
files.

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,