[Smwg] TGFT certificats mangement prototype and recommandations

Weiss, Howard Howard.Weiss at parsons.com
Mon Feb 26 13:15:33 UTC 2018

Hello Erik

How is fatherhood treating you?

The Security WG is currently working on a standard for "credentials" which specifies an X.509 certificate for CCSDS and as an alternative, simple protected authentication as is specified in SLE.

However, we are currently not working on anything more detailed such as how the certificates are used (e.g., as is described below for HTTPS).

We do have plans to work on application layer security which would specify the use of TLS (or something like it).  Its on our planning list but its not a project as we don't have the resources to work on it yet.

Does this help?

regards

howie

________________________________
Howard Weiss, CISSP

PARSONS, Inc.
7110 Samuel Morse Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
443-430-8089 (office)
443-494-9087 (cell)
443-430-8238 (fax)
howard.weiss at parsons.com
www.parsons.com

Please consider the environment before printing this message