[Smwg] Uniqueness and identification of manifest file within the XFDU Pakcage

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Feb 6 16:46:24 UTC 2018

Dear Claudia,
As we discussed in today's WG telecon, the issue comes down to ensuring that (a) there is only one manifest file in each XFDU Package, and that manifest file is uniquely identified by the ".xfdu" extension. Here are the sections of the TGFT White Book that (I believe) state these normatively:

4.4.2      Each TGFT XFDU package shall contain one XFDU manifest XML document, as defined in 4.2;

3.2.1.2 (b)   The file type (extension) ".xfdu" shall be used to uniquely identify it as the XFDU Manifest and to differentiate it from any other XML-formatted file that might be in XFDU Package.

              NOTE - Use of the ".xfdu" extension instead of ".xml" will require XFDU Package parsers to recognize files with the .xfdu extension as XML files and perhaps to convert the extension before
                           submitting the file to a standard XML parser.

I think that this closes the issue.

Best regards,
John