[Smwg] TGFT - a couple of points.

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 21 19:27:34 UTC 2017

Colin,

With regard to file overwrite protection, to the best of my knowledge the WebDav LOCK method can be used to prevent file overwrites. I am certainly a long ways from being any kind of expert on WebDav, but it strikes me your question about using it somewhat parallels the approach of having gone through the XFDU definition to then develop a more restricted/to the point schema for TGFT in terms of payload. We do obviously have then the same sort of question with regard to the exchange protocol itself. My initial sense is that even though WebDav provides more than we need, it is still relatively straightforward and supported industry protocol. As such, there may be value in profiling this protocol for the somewhat simpler needs of TGFT with the understanding that we would then have the ability to offer more should application of TGFT indicate that is needed.  It does indeed sound like a good discussion topic for the telecon in January.

CSSM Colleagues,

Please allow me this opportunity to thank everyone for all of the excellent good work throughout this year and wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season!