[Smwg] Response to Action Item 2017-1106-03 - Verify TGFT schema

Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int
Tue Dec 19 08:44:45 UTC 2017

Dear WG Colleagues,
Reviewing the XFDU schema I have no major comments, in general it looks OK
to me. It has an own namespace, which believe is in line with the current
namespace policy.

More detailed, I have the following observations / comments:

HD-1: The reference to the file itself is just a string: <xsd:attribute
name="href" type="xsd:string"/>
I do not know if the use of xlink has been considered, in my mind it is
the standard XML way of linking files: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLink

HD-2: The mime types are defined as a string, basically everything is
allowed here from a schema point of view. Especially for cross support I
wonder if it has been considered to enumerate the supported mime types?
See here:
<xsd:simpleType name="mimeTypeType">
                <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:simpleType>

Best regards,
Holger

Holger Dreihahn
European Spacecraft Operations Centre | European Space Agency | S-431
+49 6151 90 2233 | http://www.esa.int/esoc