[Smwg] RE: Updated CSSM Actions from the Cleveland Meeting
Barkley, Erik J (3970)
erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 10 19:45:23 UTC 2016
Please see below. Also discussed a bit at the CSSM telecon today.
From: smwg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org [mailto:smwg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of John Pietras
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 11:42 AM
To: Tuttle, Karen L. (GRC-MSI0) <karen.l.tuttle at nasa.gov>; smwg at mailman.ccsds.org
Subject: [Smwg] RE: Updated CSSM Actions from the Cleveland Meeting
Karen and CSSMWG colleagues ---
I believe that action items 2011-0519-03 (Develop suggested guidelines of what we would expect to find in external schemas) and 2015-1112-15 (Further analysis re: "hiding" port complexity and how to present in the Service Agreement/Config Profile recommended standard) were fulfilled at the Cleveland meeting, and propose that they be CLOSED.
EB> Agreed. Updates to spreadsheet should reflect this.
With regard to action item 2016-0408-13 (Revise draft SA/CP book to remove temporal aspects - more of "static" recommendation. Coordinate sequence development), I will take responsibility for the first part, and propose the due date to have the removal reflected in an updated book by 30 September.
As for the second part of the action - coordinate sequence development - I'm not exactly sure what all that entails since I wasn't in the room when the action was levied. Presumably it's a reference to event sequences, in which case Paul Pechkam should also be involved. But I also suspect that there should be some coordination with the way that timing relationships are specified in Service Package Requests. In any case, I think the timeframe for doing such coordination will be a lot longer than that for simply removing the material from the SA/CP white book, and therefore I suggest that the action item be broken into two, with the first being assigned to me with the due date of 30 September.
EB> I have a supporting action re showing the equivalent event sequence for the (current) temporal constraints in the CP. At the moment, unfortunately, my budget does not really support Paul P., on this so just me. Bottom line is that there is an "upstream" dependency which I will have to address. I think aiming for September 30th sounds about right.
As for the other action items with me assigned as one of the assignees, I am unaware of any progress to-date. And as I will be on vacation from tomorrow until 31 May, I personally won't be doing anything on those action items before June. :)
From: smwg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:smwg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org> [mailto:smwg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of Tuttle, Karen L. (GRC-MSI0)
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 2:05 PM
To: smwg at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:smwg at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject: [Smwg] Re: Updated CSSM Actions from the Cleveland Meeting
Karen L. Tuttle
216 308-6922 (Work Cell)
From: Karen Tuttle <Karen.L.Tuttle at nasa.gov<mailto:Karen.L.Tuttle at nasa.gov>>
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2016 2:03 PM
To: "smwg at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:smwg at mailman.ccsds.org>" <smwg at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:smwg at mailman.ccsds.org>>
Subject: Updated CSSM Actions from the Cleveland Meeting
Dear CSSM Colleagues,
The updated action items list has been uploaded to the CWE Private/Actions folder and is attached. The following actions are due by the end of May. Since we didn't review the actions list at the meeting, I expect there may be some overlap and corrects need to be made.
Revise draft SA/CP book to remove temporial aspects - more of "static" recommendation. Coordinate sequence development
Event Sequence complete draft White Book development
Change title and references of Planning Data Format to Planning Information Format
CH, KT, GN
Add that all of the other success criteria are conducted in the context of a realistic/real-world use case to the PIF test plan
Further develop an updated CWE directory structure and implement
Develop suggested guidelines of what we would expect to find in external schemas.
State policy for schema maintenance regarding SANA and provide writeup of policy. Provide initial input by 13 May.
Provide the key reporting metrics or statistical characterizations, with definitions that are reported for each Agency's networks' service accounting for the customer (as it relates to the Service Package/Service agreement and recommendations for other metrics reported out weekly/monthly, etc).
Provide write up on metadata for delta dor use case re: service package and service request
Prepare a response to DDor WG to mesh their needs into the CSSM Service Request
Develop initial list of accountability metrics for services for accountability book development
DDOR WG to send feedback on inputs and also provide some more complicated examples of DDOR requests
Develop Service Package result draft write-up
Develop the Planning Data Format test descriptions
Produce draft SM Request Format (SMURF)
Create SM Request Format Test Plan outline and test cases
KT, MG, EB, CH
Further analysis re: "hiding" port complexity and how to present in the Service Agreement/Config Profile recommended standard
Complete draft white book of Event Sequence
Develop strawman outline of Service Catalog "magenta-ish" book
Develop draft concept for extensible management service
Develop high-level management service requirements
Update SoS to include the RMP yellow book reference
Check the enhanced constraints defintion in the SMURF and be prepared to discuss fit realtive to your agency/operation.
Arrange Management Service Splinter Group telecon and determine further planning
Arrange a splinter telecon to discuss what is intended to be in the SP result
EB, MG, CH, JPC, JVP, AC
Update SoS with overview diagram that was produced by Marcin
Tweek/update SoS registry text, including SANA URLs
Check SoS Annex A for proper list of information entities
Develop XML Schema for Planning Book
UMW, AC, CH, JVP
Update XML Schema for Planning Book based on input from Cleveland Meeting
Look into different "delete" semantics and report back to WG (SMURF)
Go through and identify the info entities given latest developments and proposed info entities to working group
Provide recommendation as to example profiles to mock-up based on IOAG modulation recommendations
Develop examples of event sequences based on concept being worked in DSN with regard to relacing the (current) temporal aspects of the CP
Propose definition for sun alignment angle for planning book
Karen L. Tuttle
216 308-6922 (Work Cell)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SMWG