[Smwg] SoS XML Schema does not quite match time code B?

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Jun 7 15:53:22 UTC 2016

Erik,
I think that the pattern is as correct as-is, due to the specification “d→d = Decimal fraction of second in one- to n-character subfield”, which specifies that the decimal fraction field have a minimum of one character.

But I admit that there is indeed an inconsistency here, one that should probable be cleaned up in the time code book itself. As you allude to in your note, one-tenth-of-a-second precision may not be needed, but in that case the specification of the decimal fraction field should be changed to “d→d = Decimal fraction of second in zero- to n-character subfield”.

John