[Smwg] Re: SOS and common header -- follow up re class diagram

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Wed Jan 21 12:32:46 UTC 2015

Hi Erik,
               I don't think that the stereotype route is the way to go,
partly because I've spend most of this morning wading thru' my UML books and
fighting MagicDraw and, after a brief discussion with Anthony, have come to
the conclusion that stereotypes don't really provide the capabilities to do
what you suggest. Also I think that showing the instantiation of the specific
data entities from the abstract Service Management Data Entity classes in
each book is not a bad thing, as it makes it clear that these are derived
from standard data structures. Since we're now using MagicDraw as the
modelling tool I don't see any real problem with possible inconsistencies
between the books.

However I've tweaked the diagram a bit (to make the abstract classes more
obvious) and added some explanatory text to make things clearer and this is
attached below. Comments appreciated.

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,