[Smwg] Planning Data Formats Book - Need for a "Simple Service Request"

Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de
Fri Feb 6 08:48:42 UTC 2015

Dear All,

I agree with Erik, that we should discuss that in more deep. As I know our WG, this will lead to longer discussion during Pasadena meetings...

Anyway, some points which come to my mind immediately:
- first of all I find it not right to put Service Request into the Planning Book (this dilutes even more our already diluted ;-) book-system)
- we may think to expand the Service Package Request and Service Package Book with another info entity which would be "Simple Service Request"
- DLR is coming rather also from the "simple things" corner, and we welcomed very much the "Simple Schedule", which is definitely simpler that SM-1 Schedule of Services...
- ... but I already let me convince from SMWG-gurus, that for the Schedule Request (which is what we principally use right now) in the SM-future we will have just Service Package Request and it will be enough. So now I do not completely follow why we should have another type of request for service...
- I agree with Erik also that the notion of "new", "replace" and "delete" goes into direction of automation or other words something which belongs rather to "Management Services" book which is planned to 2019/2020. And as far I recall, we did not really touched on that yet (apart of the keeping in mind SM-1).
- on the other hand - we also noticed that we launched with file format books pretty nicely, but completely disregarding the "2020 framework", and so we already need corrections for example with respect to header information. Maybe we need to talk already now about automation and what shadows it casts on every information entity file format and its usage. What is the point here - we risk here larger delays in our plan (I do not think we can manage yearly cycle of books, but this is just my opinion). Also as we include all this general-management stuff into each info entity file, we will have to cope with that during prototyping (again - less hope it will be simple nice file exchange).

Best regards
Marcin