[Smwg] Registries for Simple Schedule. (Our action from yesterdays webex)

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Apr 20 19:16:38 UTC 2015

Colin,
As far as the non-XML registries, I have no quibbles with your suggestions.

Here are my comments regarding the XML schema registry:
1.	 I think you meant to call the registry "SCCS-SM Information Entity XML Schemas" (we don't have anything defined as "Data Entity").
2	I assume that your comment about changing the name of registries from "SCCS-SM" to "CSS" was meant only  for Originating Organization, User, and Station and Antenna Reference.  I don't think that making the change in the XML schema registry is a good idea. We only have Information Entities in SCCS-SM. If and when CSS ever has XML schemas that are *not* related to  ISCCS-SM Info Entities, I would recommend that they be put into a separate registry.
3. I was initially confused by the proposed structure for each SCCS-SM Information Entity XML Schema entry"
" File                    Description
Reference
The schema file [Type: FILE]  A textual description of the schema purpose
[Type:: STRING*1024]    Reference number of the appropriate book where the
schema is defined [Type: STRING*16]".

But if it's meant to say
" File                   The schema file [Type: FILE]
 Description     A textual description of the schema purpose
Reference       [Type:: STRING*1024]    Reference number of the appropriate book where the
                            schema is defined [Type: STRING*16]"

then I'm fine with that.

The last sentence above, " Reference number of the appropriate book WHERER THE SCHEMA IS DEFINED [capitalization mine for emphasis]" mad me realize that the book does not (to my knowledge) state that the schemas themselves are normative. We had a problem with SGSS and SCCS-SM Blue-1, in that the SGSS Contractor did not realize that the schemas were intended to be normative and so created their own (which is now all irrelevant in that SGSS has abandoned SCCS-SM almost completely).

I have put some additional material in the attached update to the Simple Schedule draft to enforce the normative nature of the Simple Schedule, SM Info Entity, and CCSDS Timecodes schemas for application to Simple Schedules. The associated changes occur in section 1.4 (c), (d), (f), and (g), 3.1, a new 3.6, a new section A3 of Annex A, C2, and D2.

Finally, I noticed that the progression in Annex A was:
A1 GENERAL
A1.1  SERVICE MANAGEMENT INFORMATION ENTITY CONTENT/STRUCTURE
A1.1.1  OVERVIEW
Etc., with no A2.

I think that it should be
A1 GENERAL
A2  SERVICE MANAGEMENT INFORMATION ENTITY CONTENT/STRUCTURE
A2.1  OVERVIEW
Etc.

I've changed it to be that way in the attached draft. That's how the new XML schema-relate subsection of Annex came to be labeled A3. If you disagree with this renumbering then of course you can ignore it.

Best regards,
John