[Smwg] Simple Schedule RID CSSM-058

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Apr 14 18:37:50 UTC 2015

Colin,
Thanks for forwarding the 3 schema-related RIDs.

RID CSSM-047 asked that the parameters in the schemas follow the same order as those in the UML diagrams and tables, and this I had actually already done in the process of making the other changes to the schemas.

RIDCSSM-059 asked that real time values be used in the example XML document, and this I have just completed.

Which leaves RID CSSM-058, which states "It is proposed to use a version specification of the XML schema, such that any validating parser can check if the version of the XML instance is compliant with the version of the schema.
It would make it easier if evolving schema versions were to occur to check the validity of an XML instance against a specific schema (version)",
for which you provided the Disposition "Accepted: pending further discussion with schemaMaster (JVP)".

My reaction is that by using versioned name spaces, we are satisfying the RID. Since the version number of the namespace appears in both the schema itself and any instance document that is to be validated against that schema, any attempt to validate an instance document against a different version (i.e., a different version of the name space) will result in a validation failure.

Unless you are any other member of the CSSMWG can think of a form of versioning that would be useful but requires some other mechanism (e.g., a dedicated 'schemaVersion' parameter), I propose that what we now have is sufficient.

Best regards,
John