[Smwg] Re: Teleconference notes, 28 April 2014

Chamoun, Jean-Pierre (GSFC-458.0)[SGT INC] jean-pierre.chamoun at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 7 15:48:22 UTC 2014

From: <Chamoun>, "Chamoun, Jean-Pierre (GSFC-450.3)[SGT INC]" <jean-pierre.chamoun at nasa.gov<mailto:jean-pierre.chamoun at nasa.gov>>
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:08 PM
To: "Barkley, Erik J (JPL-3970)[Jet Propulsion Laboratory]" <erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: CCSDS Service Mgmt WG <smwg at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:smwg at mailman.ccsds.org>>
Subject: [Smwg] Re: Teleconference notes, 28 April 2014

Erik,

This is how I understand your notes below:

  1.  a request would reference trajectory ID "T-N".
  2.  the user can send updates to that trajectory by sending "T-N.01" (initial), "T-N.02"(update 1), "T-N.03"(update 2), etc.
  3.  the CSSS provider knows to use the most recent version of T-N for the requested service (should make sure that the version numbers increase with receipt time to avoid confusion)
  4.  older versions of the same trajectory are [or can be] considered obsolete once a new version has been received and validated
  5.  users can submit an alternate trajectory for the same time frame by using a different ID such as "T-C01"
  6.  they can also send updates to the alternate trajectory by sending "T-C01.01" (initial), "T-C01.02"(update 1), "T-C01.03"(update 2), etc.
  7.  users can specify the use of alternate trajectories when submitting a service package request by specifying different scenarios (at least one for each different trajectory alternative).

Did I understand these correctly? If so, I think this addresses the need for alternative trajectories.

Best regards,
--
Jean-Pierre Chamoun
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center