[Smwg] Updated Functional Resources Tech Note on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Aug 28 16:14:05 UTC 2014

CSSMWG and CSTSWG colleagues ---
An update of the Functional Resources for Cross Support Services draft Technical Note has been posted to the CWE at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-SM/CWE%20Private/Functional%20Resources/FunctionalResources_TechNote-TN-0.04.docx

The changes from the previous version include changes to some of the Functional Resource types themselves and also their grouping into Abstract Service Components and Service Components. The terms Abstract Service Component and Service Component replace the former terms SCCS Functional Group and SCCS Functional Group specialization, which were used in the previous versions of the Tech Note.

The changes to the Tech Note are the result of discussions in Noordwijkerhout and subsequent refinement of our concepts and understanding of how all of this should work.

Note that sections 1-6 of the Tech Note have been updated as appropriate, but section 7 (the detailed scenario walkthrough) has not yet been updated. I hope the have another update that includes section 7 ready before the London meeting.

Best regards,
John