[SLS] SW defined radio // Fw: [CESG] Space Telecommunications Interface (STI) Approval

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Mar 11 11:37:29 UTC 2021

For Your Information

Any comment is welcome.

Regards

Gian Paolo

----- Forwarded by Gian Paolo Calzolari/esoc/ESA on 11-03-21 12:36 -----

From:   Mario.Merri at esa.int
To:     cesg at mailman.ccsds.org
Date:   11-03-21 11:23
Subject:        [CESG] Space Telecommunications Interface (STI) Approval
Sent by:        "CESG" <cesg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>

Dear all,

an interesting communication for our OMG colleagues on a new standard that
deals with SW defined radio. From a quick scan, I would say that this is
particularly relevant for SLS.

Best regards,

__Mario
----- Forwarded by Mario Merri/esoc/ESA on 11/03/2021 11:19 -----

From:        "Steve MacLaird" <maclaird at omg.org>
To:        "Mario.Merri at esa.int" <Mario.Merri at esa.int>
Cc:        "Bugenhagen, Jay (GSFC-5830)" <john.l.bugenhagen at nasa.gov>,
"Smith, Danford S. (GSFC-5800)" <danford.s.smith at nasa.gov>
Date:        10/03/2021 20:18

Mario –

            I hope this finds you and your family well.  It’s been awhile
since we conversed.  I’ve cc’d Dan & Jay above since they are in
transition and wanted to let you know as OMG’s CCSDS Liaison that OMG’s
Architecture Board approved the Space Telecommunications Interface (STI)
specification standard in December 2020.  The Finalization Task Force
(FTF) has been established and the beta specification is available.

STI’s lineage is from NASA’s Space Telecommunications Radio Service (STRS)
that has been used in space by NASA since about 2011 and is based upon the
International Software Communications Architecture (SCA) that is being
used worldwide today.  Below are three websites that you can learn more
about and share with CCSDS members.

Beta Spec to be finalized and available now for review and comments:
https://www.omg.org/spec/STI/About-STI/
Blog:  https://pub.omg.org/
Public Release Announcement - New Object Management Group Specification
Enables Open Software-Defined Radios for Space/Navigation Communications
Spec reduces life-cycle costs for space and ground platforms - March 9,
2021

Should you want any additional information, please let me know.  Take good
care –

Steve
Steven A. MacLaird, Col (Ret), USAF
Sr Vice President, Gov’t & Industrial Strategy
Object Management Group (OMG)

+1 703.231.6335

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may
contain proprietary information and/or
protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or
dissemination is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies
appropriate organisational measures to protect
personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA
Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int).