[SLS] Magenta Book for SLS Glossary of Term // Concept paper

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Nov 29 14:16:36 UTC 2018

Dear All,
        here attached the promised Concept Paper already coordinated with
Greg and Tom.

Best regards

Gian Paolo

----- Forwarded by Gian Paolo Calzolari/esoc/ESA on 29-11-18 15:14 -----

From:   Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
To:     "SLS - Space Link Services Area" <sls at mailman.ccsds.org>
Cc:     Tom Gannett <thomas.gannett at tgannett.net>
Date:   27-11-18 14:23
Subject:        [SLS] Magenta Book for SLS Glossary of Term
Sent by:        "SLS" <sls-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>

Dear All,
        you surely remember the discussion we had on glossaries at the
recent Spring meetings in Berlin.
While discussing with Tom and Greg about some terms defined in Space Data
Link Protocols and which book should hold primogeniture rights, it was
proposed to collect terms pertinent to our Area in a new Magenta Book.
I would guess that it would be organizaed more or less with a chapter for
WG (or in a similar way).
While Tom kindly agreed in supporting the editing of the document, Greg
offered the SLP WG as host for a related CWE Project.

This would be of course a somehow "relaxed" project to which each WG is
expected to contribute as appropriate with the only implication that in a
few cases a WG discussion may be required when several definitions for a
term exist ( a job to be done anyway).

Greg and I, will try to propose a very concise concept paper in the next
days.

Any comment is welcome.

I also want to take the occasion to congratulate our NASA for the
excellent start of the new adventure of Insight on Mars.

Best regards

Gian Paolo
This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may
contain proprietary information and/or
protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or
dissemination is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies
appropriate organisational measures to protect
personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA
Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int).