[SLS] Fw: Call for Papers for the Joint AIAA ICSSC and Ka-Band Broadband Conference

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Mon Apr 11 19:46:15 UTC 2016

INFO

----- Forwarded by Gian Paolo Calzolari/esoc/ESA on 11/04/2016 21:45 -----

From:   "Johnson, Sandra K. (GRC-LCI0)" <sandra.k.johnson at nasa.gov>
To:     "Shames, Peter M (JPL-312B)[Jet Propulsion Laboratory]"
<peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>, "Mario.Merri at esa.int"
<Mario.Merri at esa.int>, "brigitte.behal at cnes.fr" <brigitte.behal at cnes.fr>,
"Erik.Barkley at jpl.nasa.gov" <Erik.Barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>,
"Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int" <Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int>,
"martin.suess at esa.int" <martin.suess at esa.int>, "Barton, Richard J.
(JSC-EV811)" <richard.j.barton at nasa.gov>, "Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int"
<Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int>, "Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr"
<Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr>, "kscott at mitre.org" <kscott at mitre.org>,
"tomaso.decola at dlr.de" <tomaso.decola at dlr.de>, "Nestor.Peccia at esa.int"
<Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>, "Afarin, James (HQ-CG000)"
<james.afarin at nasa.gov>
Date:   08/04/2016 15:10
Subject:        Call for Papers for the Joint AIAA ICSSC and Ka-Band
Broadband Conference

Can you please distribute this information to your working groups?  NASA
Glenn Research Center is hosting this conference for the NASA Space
Communication and Navigation Office.  We are trying to distribute this
call for papers to a wide audience to encourage attendance and success for
this very important conference.

Dear CCSDS Colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well and you enjoyed your time in Cleveland,
Ohio this past week.

I wanted to take just a moment of your time to share with you a Call for
Papers for the AIAA?s International Communications Satellite Systems
Conference (ICSSC).  The 34th AIAA ICSSC will be held from October 17-20,
2016 in Cleveland, OH, USA.  The exciting news is that the conference will
be co-located with the 22nd Ka-band Broadband Communications Conference.
These two conferences host the premier international research in satellite
communications and together will provide a single forum for discussion of
the economic, marketing, technical and regulatory issues affecting these
new and planned satellite communication services.  In addition, on the
first day (Monday, October 17) immediately preceding the Joint Conference
will be the AIAA ICSSC Colloquium on ?Commercial Broadband Technologies
and their Application to Next Generation Space Exploration Networks? where
users of the future space networks will discuss their evolving needs of
Commercial technologies and services to present potential innovative
contributions to future space exploration networking.  Additional
information can be found in the attachments or on the joint conference
website:  http://www.kaconf.org/index.php

Because this date overlaps with the new CCSDS Fall Technical Meeting in
Rome, I would encourage you to forward this email to your colleagues who
may be interested in participating in this conference.  Abstracts are due
on May 3rd, so time is short.  Please don?t hesitate to contact me if you
have any questions.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sandy

--
Sandra K. Johnson
NASA Glenn Research Center Data Standards Manager for Consultative