[Sls-slp] CCSDS Proximity-1 default hailing parameters/over the air directive set for Lunar

Kazz, Greg (US 312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 25 20:54:58 UTC 2024

Hi All,

Attached are the current versions of two TBD normative annexes that the CCSDS SLP WG is trying to finalize at the upcoming Spring CCSDS meetings in Washington, D.C. during the last week of April/Beginning of May 2024.

Please let me know if you have any comments/concerns regarding this material.
(I will also place it into the SLP WG folder on the CCSDS CWE as well. (For those of you who are new to CCSDS, once you get the invitation to join the WG, you will also be able to access these files and future ones that way as well.)

The default hailing parameters provides the minimum  interoperability for two separate enterprises: 1) Mars at UHF and 2) Lunar at S-band.

The over the air directive set introduces the “new” set of directives for lunar ops called SPDU Type 4. There was a question at our meeting today along the lines of do these directives provide enough operability concerning a negotiated link establishment process? After examining the directives, please let me know if you think they don’t and why?

Some notes below:

  *   The SLP WG has defined up to 32 physical channels slots in the directives (more than we currently need but it provides room to grow.)
  *   All rates are given as Symbol Rates and NOT as data rates. Note that the user can select the specific symbol rate they desire unlike the approach used for Mars.
  *   I will add those folks to the SLP WG above in the distribution list once I find the time to do so.
  *   Mod Index values still need to be defined

Thanks again for a very productive meeting and best regards,

Greg