[Sls-slp] Updated Proximity-1 Directives and Default Session Control Parameters for Lunar Operations

Kazz, Greg (US 312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 15 22:28:32 UTC 2023

Dear CCSDS SLP, C&S, and RFM WGs,

I took the liberty of updating both the Proximity-1 Directive Set as well as the Default Session Control Parameters for Lunar Operations, based upon the inputs provided at the Fall CCSDS Meeting recently concluded in The Hague (Joint meeting held on Nov. 10, 2023).

The update to both the Lunar Proximity directives and the default session parameters is in the CWE now under this SLP WG directory:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/sls/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsls%2Fdocs%2FSLS%2DSLP%2FMeeting%20Materials%2F2023%2FFall%2FPost%20Meeting%20Prox%201%20work&FolderCTID=0x012000439B56FF51847E41B5728F9730D7B55F&View=%7BAE8FB44C%2DE80A%2D42CF%2D8558%2DFB495ABB675F%7D

There are still several TBDs remaining to be resolved including the action items taken by the RFM WG (e.g., define specific hailing and working channel frequencies at S-band, etc)
I am also interested to know if you have specific values for the new parameter: Mod Index.

Please let me know if you have comments, so that I can incorporate them into these two normative annexes which will reside in the restructured Space Data Link Protocol Session Control Blue Book.

Best regards,
Greg