[Sls-slp] USLP: Question from yesterday

Stefan.Veit at dlr.de Stefan.Veit at dlr.de
Tue Nov 7 11:09:37 UTC 2023

Hello all,

sorry to bother you again with the question discussed yesterday at the end of the meeting (4.1.4.2.4.4: When the value in the TFDZ construction rule is ‘000’ binary, and when no packet starts nor ends within the TFDZ, then the FHP shall be set to binary ‘all ones’.) for fixed length frames.

Ignacio, you stated that a packet that ends within the current TFDZ (and no further packet is available) shall be followed by an Encapsulation Idle Packet (4.1.4.3.4).

What about the very special situation when a packet started in a previous frame and ends exactly at the end of the current TFDZ, filling it completely? Then, since there is no place for another packet, the FHP would be set to “all ones” and this contradicts the wording “NOR ENDS” in the statement above, doesn’t it? Or is there again an alternative to the all ones? However, this seems to be no exclusive statement, (other all-one-scenarios are allowed), so maybe we can cover this scenario with an additional sentence?

I hope this was the last special case -)

Thank you and Kind Regards
Stefan