[Sls-slp] CCSDS Order of Processing for Applying SDLS to Telecommand (TC SDLP)

Sank, Victor J. (GSFC-567.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] victor.j.sank at nasa.gov
Mon Mar 29 00:50:45 UTC 2021

It would be good if on each line you put the CCSDS doc and section for that function.
I added the CRC check in yellow highlight.
I looked at the extended procedure but forgot what is in it.

From: Kazz, Greg J (US 312B) <greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 7:06 PM
To: Kazz, Greg J (US 312B) via SLS-SLP <sls-slp at mailman.ccsds.org>; sls-sea-dls at mailman.ccsds.org
Cc: Sank, Victor J. (GSFC-567.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] <victor.j.sank at nasa.gov>; Andrews, Kenneth S (JPL-332B)[JPL Employee] <kenneth.s.andrews at jpl.nasa.gov>; Andres, Brent (GSFC-567.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] <brent.r.andres at nasa.gov>
Subject: CCSDS Order of Processing for Applying SDLS to Telecommand (TC SDLP)

Dear SLP and SDLS WG members,

** Correction  - see strike out and replacement below **

Attached is a word document containing what I believe is the correct end to end order of processing of the functions of the Telecommand Space Data Link Protocol using SDLS.
I am looking forward to your comments concerning two points:

  1.  Are the functions listed sequentially correct ? In other words, are the functions in the correct order given CCSDS 355.0 (SDLS BB) and CCSDS 232.0 (TC SDLP BB). I believe so, but I’d like your confirmation.
  2.  Would it be appropriate to add the “order of processing for applying SDLS to Telecommand (TC SDLP) to CCSDS 350.5 SDLP SDLS GB ?

On my side of the Atlantic, engineers from several missions I work with seem to be unclear (based upon my conversations with them) about the “end-to-end” sequential order of processing of Telecommand SDLP with the ApplySDLS function. Perhaps because SDLS and the Extended Procedures are new to them, but perhaps CCSDS could be more explicit by adding this information to CCSDS 350.5 SDLP  SDLS GB.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Kazz
Principal Engineer