[Sls-slp] PIDs concerning AOS & TC SDLP Pink Sheets

Marco.Rovatti at esa.int Marco.Rovatti at esa.int
Wed Feb 10 11:30:00 UTC 2021

Dear Greg,

Regarding Proposed PID 1:
The restriction is also stated in para 2.2.4

I think your explanation is correct. The Insert Zone Service was thought
to carry small chunks of fixed length user data in each Transfer Frame
transmitted on the Physical Channel in order to provide a low latency,
"high priority",  synchronous service.
In the presence of Master Channel Service or Virtual Channel Service, this
goal cannot be achieved because the sequence of Insert Zone SDUs  would
eventually present gaps which are incompatible with the intended purpose
of the service.
However the above is true if we assume that the users of MCF or VCF
Services do not include a blank place holder in their TFs to accommodate
an Insert Zone SDU.
In principle the above restriction might be removed if the user of MCF or
VCF Servicea are constrained to provide a Transfer Frame format compliant
with the presence of the insert zone.

Open for discussion.

Regarding Proposed PID 2

I concur with the explanation you provided. Port is used as a synonym of
SAP. No ESA on-board implementation is broken by the removal of the term
from the standard. I expect that also Ground implementation are not
affected but maybe Gippo knows better.

Best regards
Marco