[Sls-slp] SPP Revisions Project - Post NIST Proposal

Kazz, Greg J (312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon May 7 19:56:18 UTC 2018

Dear SLP WG member,

Attached as a power point presentation, please find a proposal as a way forward to the revision of the Space Packet Protocol (SPP).
I would like you to review this proposal and provide me with your feedback over the next two weeks. So I hope to hear from you by May 22.

This proposal builds on the consensus from our Spring 2018 meeting at NIST in removing the terms, “Network” and “Routing/Routes” from the document, but also makes an attempt at defining the controversial terms in the document, i.e., Logical Data Path (LDP), Path ID, subnetwork in such a way that they can be useful to our user community (describes their current and future intended use cases) but does not prescribe a specific method (routes through subnetworks, Managed parameters defined for this, etc) for doing so.

The next step after I receive your feedback will be to hold some telecons after the SpaceOps Conference (May 28 – June 1)) has been completed.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Kazz
Principal Engineer
Technical Group Supervisor,
Project Software and End-to-End Information Systems Engineering (312B)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Dr., M/S 301-490
Pasadena, CA 91109
1+(818)393 6529(voice)