[Sls-slp] proposal for a Technical Corrigendum to 732x0b3 and 132x0b2

Moury Gilles Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr
Thu Mar 3 15:13:37 UTC 2016

Dear Greg,

During our last SDLS WG meeting, while reviewing the content of the SDLS green book, we discovered that there were missing requirements in the new editions of AOS Space Data Link Protocol (732.0-B-3) and TM space data link protocol (132.0-B2) regarding the non-protection by SDLS of the VC carrying OID frames. Those requirements are needed because protecting VC carrying OID frames could actually ease cryptanalysis and therefore introduce a vulnerability. Those requirements are partially missing in 132.0 and completely missing in 732.0. I have drafted a proposal for a Technical Corrigendum to both documents to correct this flaw. The added requirements are the following:

-       In 732.0 : 6.4.5.3 & 6.4.6.2
-       In 132.0 : 6.4.4.3

I attach the two documents with the additional requirements inserted:

I propose to discuss those TC at our upcoming spring meetings (either SLP or SDLS).

Best regards,

Gilles

Gilles MOURY
SDLS WG Co-Chair

Gilles MOURY
CNES Toulouse
Expert senior "Plateforme Satellite"
Sous-Direction "Techniques Véhicule, Architecture & Intégration"
DCT/TV-RA  -  Bpi 1416
18, avenue Edouard Belin
F-31401 TOULOUSE Cedex 9
http://www.cnes.fr