[Sls-slp] How do you use TC-MAPs in your agency ?

Takahiro Yamada tyamada at isas.jaxa.jp
Fri May 16 04:01:21 UTC 2014

Greg,

> We are trying to determine the number of VCs that are required for commanding robotic missions for the Next Generation Space Link Protocol (NGSLP).  Can you tell inform us, based on past experience, the number of  Virtual Channels (VCs) you use for uplink and how you use TC Multiplexer Access Points (MAPs)?

At JAXA/ISAS, we use VCs for distinguishing between the primary and backup command systems. So we use two VCs (at most).

We use MAPs for distinguishing different types of command decoders (hardware decoder, software decoder, etc.). Depending on the project, two to ten MAPs are used in a VC.

 I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Takahiro Yamada