[Sls-slp] FW: [Sls-sea-dls] Proposed new TC Sections 6.3 and 6.4 containing the SDLS option

Kazz, Greg J (313B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 16 16:31:56 UTC 2013

Dear SLP WG,

Please send me your comments on the proposal by Ignacio and Marjorie on
how to represent the SDLS interface to the Link Layer Virtual Channel
Generation Function within AOS, TM, and TC. Since this is a timely matter,
I would appreciate your comments on or before May 30.

Best regards,

Greg
CCSDS SLS-SLP WG Chairman

On 5/16/13 7:02 AM, "Ignacio.Aguilar.Sanchez at esa.int"
<Ignacio.Aguilar.Sanchez at esa.int> wrote:

>Dear Greg,
>
>Marjorie and I have gone thoroughly through your draft update of the TC
>Space
>Data Link Protocol.
>
>Your proposed figure 6-c goes in the direction of simplification, which is
>appreciated. However,the issue we have with your figure and the
>accompanying
>text is that they do not reflect the fact that COP-1 and the call to the
>SDLS
>function are inside the Virtual Channel Generation Function (or Virtual
>Channel Reception Function).
>
>We have edited the text and refined the figure accordingly. We would
>recommend to have similar drawings for AOS and TM.
>
>As part of a last quick check before submission I have added a couple of
>comments/questions for discussion. The first one concerns terminology
>('feature' vs. 'service' when referring to what SDLS does/provides). The
>second is about whether the commented statement is sufficient as a
>requirement to ensure the non-delivery of a 'failed frame' by SDLS. See
>respective comments inside the document for further detail.
>
>Please distribute this e-mail to the SLP membership as well.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Ignacio & Marjorie on behalf of ESA
>
>(See attached file:
>TC_Space_Data_Link_Protocol_April30_2013_IAS_ML_Rev.doc)
>(See attached file: TC SDLS - Refinement.jpg)(See attached file: TC SDLS -
>Refinement.vsd)
>

>|------------>
>| From:      |
>|------------>

>>----|
>  |"Kazz, Greg J (313B)" <greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov>

>>----|
>|------------>
>| To:        |
>|------------>

>>----|
>  |"sls-slp at mailman.ccsds.org" <sls-slp at mailman.ccsds.org>, "Marjorie
>de	Lande Long" <marjorie at delandelong.com>,
>"sls-sea-dls at mailman.ccsds.org"       |
>  |<sls-sea-dls at mailman.ccsds.org>

>>----|
>|------------>
>| Date:      |
>|------------>

>>----|
>  |01/05/2013 01:53

>>----|
>|------------>
>| Subject:   |
>|------------>

>>----|
>  |[Sls-sea-dls] Proposed new TC Sections 6.3 and 6.4 containing the	SDLS
>option

>>----|
>|------------>
>| Sent by:   |

>>----|
>  |sls-sea-dls-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org

>>----|
>

>Dear SLP and SDLP WGs,
>
>Attached please find my draft response to the SLP action item from the
> [...]

File attachment: TC SDLS - Refinement.vsd
The file attached to this email was removed
because the file extension is not allowed.