[Sls-slp] Updates to CCSDS 130.0-G-2 Overview of Space Comm Protocols

Kazz, Greg J (313B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 6 00:11:26 UTC 2013

Dear SLP WG and Massimo,

Based upon our SLP charter, we have a work project associated with the update of CCSDS 130.0-G-2, Overview of Space Communications Protocols.
This green book was last issued in 2007 and is clearly out of date in several ways. I have edited it using the Word revision feature and my edits are in red. Basically, I "caught the book up to date" with the current state of the CCSDS protocols including the emerging SDLS. Please take a look in the CWE at the URL below and download it and add your comments as you see necessary. We will review the result at the Spring SLP meeting in Bordeaux.

http://tinyurl.com/akwvpyg

For Massimo and C&S WG:

There are sections in this GB e.g., 3.2.4 and other sections that talk about channel coding. I made an attempt to update it, but I would appreciate your comments as well as your WG's words of wisdom here. For example, I am uncertain about if and when the CCSDS DVBS-2 standard will be released.

Best regards,

Greg