[Sls-slp] 3 additional ESA RIDs on CCSDS 211.0-P-4.1 (Prox-1 Data Link Protocol)

Kazz, Greg J (313B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 27 17:37:11 UTC 2012

Dear SLP,

Attached please find a copy of 3 RIDs submitted by ESA on the Prox-1 Data Link Layer Book.

Please be ready to discuss RID resolutions to them at our meeting in Cleveland on Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012.

My preference for these RIDs are as follows:

1) ESA-GPC-001 Rd precise computation

My preference: Rewrite the equation as: Rd = 1024/2112 * Rc

Rationale: We avoid the need to express the fraction as a repeating decimal (left to the computer)

2) ESA-GPC-002  Serial data output

My Preference: Agreed. Remove the word "serial" since this word suggest a specific implementation.

3) ESA-GPC-003 Serial coded symbols

My Preference: Agreed. Remove the word "serial" since this word suggest a specific implementation.

Chairman SLS-SLP WG