[Sls-slp] Status of Pink sheets to AOS Space Data Link Protocol

Kazz, Greg J (313B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 15 18:10:53 UTC 2012

SLS-SLPers,

The following changes to the AOS Space Data Link Protocol are still pending as pink sheets. Although minor in nature, I just want to make sure that we are all still in agreement with these changes as were discussed in the WG. Please let me know by Friday March 23 if you have any concerns. If no concerns or changes are given to me, then we will move forward with them and ask CESG/CMC to confirm them for publication.

Chairman SLS-SLP WG

Link is: http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/rids/Lists/CCSDS%207320P21/Overview.aspx

DOCUMENT DESCRIPTION: The CCSDS Recommended Standard for AOS Space Data Link Protocol specifies the protocol, services, and procedures pertaining to the CCSDS Version-2 Transfer Frame.   The current draft updates Frame Error Control Field Encoding Procedure to be consistent with other CCSDS Space Data Link Protocol specifications; changes all occurrences of 'Packet Service' and 'Packet Transfer Service' to 'Virtual Channel Packet Service'; corrects/clarifies Service Specification '.indication' text; updates/clarifies text relating to Idle Packet generation; and replaces term 'Idle Frame' with 'Only Idle Data (OID) Frame'.

AOS Space Data Link Protocol
Draft Recommended Standard
CCSDS 732.0-P-2.1  (Pink Sheets)   Issue 2.1   December 2008