[Sls-slp] PLOP-1 - Agency positions

Kazz, Greg J (313B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 30 15:32:02 UTC 2009

Dear SLS-SLPers,

For discussion at the joint meetings at ESTEC on Wed. Oct 28 in the afternoon, please attend for the discussion of how we want the specification of PLOP-1 and PLOP-2 to be revised.

The NASA position is to depreciate PLOP-1, since none of our spacecraft use it, nor plan to use it in the future. This is because technology advancements in receiver design have made it obsolete in our opinion.  The ESA position is below. Please come prepared to discuss your agency's position then.