[Sls-slp] JAXA RID against OID Frame

Kazz, Greg J greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 3 00:23:21 UTC 2009

G.P.

I think JAXA has a valid concern in the attached RID concerning the use of the term, OID, only idle data. I thought the purpose of using OID frame was to use the same terminology across all CCSDS space data link documents. But as pointed out in the rid, when we have an "Idle packet" it isn't called an OID packet, but rather and idle packet. So I am not sure that the term OID frame is consistent enough. Not that I am advocating the use of the term, OID packet at all. What do you think?
JAXA rid below.

thanks,

Greg

REVIEW ITEM DISPOSITION (RID):

                    RED BOOK RID INITIATION FORM

AGENCY RID NUMBER: JAXA-RPA830-01

SUBMITTING ORGANIZATION (Agency, Center): JAXA

REVIEWER'S NAME:   Shigeyuki Furushima

CODE:              Mitsubishi Electric Corporation

E-MAIL ADDRESS:    jaxa.ccsds at jaxa.jp

TELEPHONE:         29-868-2587

DOCUMENT NUMBER:   CCSDS 732.0-P-2.1        Pink Sheets, Issue 2.1

DOCUMENT NAME:     AOS Space Data Link Protocol

DATE ISSUED:       December 2008

PAGE NUMBER:                   PARAGRAPH NUMBER:

RID SHORT TITLE:  The cange from "Idle Frame" to "OID Frame" (1)

DESCRIPTION OF REQUESTED CHANGE:  (Use From: "..." To "..." format)

It's not necessary to change "Idele frame" to "OID Frame" .

The basis of suggestion is given below.

1. There is no change of definition in the recomendation.

   Changing word without changing definition will give rise to the confusion.

2. The purpose of this pink sheet is to clearfy the meaning of "idle."

   However, "Idle Packet" is not changed to "OID Packet."

   (See Page C-3, Table C-1)

CATEGORY OF REQUESTED CHANGE:

     Technical Fact ___    Recommended _X_    Editorial ___

NOTES:

TECHNICAL FACT:  Major technical change of sufficient magnitude as to

 render the Recommendation inaccurate and unacceptable if not

 corrected.  (Supporting analysis/rationale is essential.)

RECOMMENDED:  Change of a nature that would, if incorporated, produce

 a marked improvement in document quality and acceptance.

EDITORIAL:  Typographical or other factual error needing correction.

 (This type of change will be made without feedback to submitter.)

SUPPORTING ANALYSIS:

DISPOSITION: